To Include Licensed Naturopathic Physicians as primary care providers in the Federal Healthcare Law (Obamacare).
This issue that I present to you today on Naturopathic Medicine is a personal one for myself. After having some health issues of my own, I understand the value of a homeopathic / holistic / naturopathic treatment plan. From hands on diagnoses to the incredible focus on the individual, Naturopathic Medicine in my perspective is one of the most effective ways of healing and helping the human body. The choice to seek such care, although available, is limited largely due to the fact that it is not recognized as a ‘primary care’ practice.
Watch this Video:
- The naturopathic medical curriculum at the full-time CNME accredited schools follows a pattern similar to that of medical and osteopathic schools: two years of basic science courses and two or more years of clinical work. (Read Handbook Here – http://www.cnme.org/resources/2007_hoa.pdf)
- Approximately 950 students were enrolled in the six accredited schools in 2007
- Today, in North America, the Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (N.D. or N.M.D.) degree is available from seven accredited full-time schools of naturopathic medicine.
- Bastyr University (Seattle, Washington and San Diego, California (San Diego Campus opening September 2012))
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (New Westminster, British Columbia)
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (Toronto, Ontario)
- National College of Natural Medicine (Portland, Oregon)
- National University of Health Sciences (Lombard, Illinois)
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine (Tempe, Arizona)
- University of Bridgeport College of Naturopathic Medicine (Bridgeport, Connecticut)
The Petition – SIGN NOW!
So far as of 11/13/12 the petition has gained 7,686 signatures since ‘Shawn S’ from Portland, Oregon started the petition on November, 7th, 2012.
The exact petition states:
WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Include Licensed Naturopathic Physicians as primary care providers in the Federal Healthcare Law (Obamacare).
Licensed naturopathic physicians should play an integral part in patient access to alternative medicine within the Federal Healthcare Law (Obamacare) as they serve as primary care physicians within the complementary health care field.
With Americans spending over $34 billion dollars spent annually on alternative medicine, the inclusion of licensed Naturopathic physicians would offer patients the option of seeking alternative medicine care covered by insurance AND provide access for those currently unable to afford care.
Licensed Naturopathic physicians are able to diagnose and treat both acute and chronic disease and are experts in nutrition, herbs, and other holistic therapies. Learn more about licensed Naturopathic physicians at http://www.naturopathic.org.
To Read More about the petition visit it here:
All you have to do is register for an account with whitehouse.gov and sign the petition digitally.
This is a great way to get involved include some of the most amazing doctors as primary care providers.
The following objective as stated above is very IMPORTANT to you as an American Citizen or anyone receiving health care within the United States:
Patients would have the option of seeking alternative medicine care covered by insurance AND provide access for those currently unable to afford care!
Signed, Rick Jeffries