I am sure that most of us have heard of Olive Oil. The majority of us probably use it everyday to cook delicious meals for our beloved friends and family. But did you know that Olive Oil can be used for so much more.
I wanted to share with you the many many uses for Olive Oil all over your house.
The Many Benefits of Olive Oil
Note: Extra Virgin Olive Oil is best.
- Shaving Cream.
- Beauty Cream and moisturizer.
- Makeup Remover.
- A Bread Dip.
- Foot softener.
- Use 2 parts olive oil, 1 part lemon juice (or white vinegar) for furniture polish, or just olive oil on a rag.
- Use it for your hair to eliminate frizz. (Use on dry hair).
- A hair tonic.
- A pre manicure solution when mixed with water.
- Melted with some beeswax and poured into a small tin, it makes great lip balm, leather conditioner and wood polish.
- A couple teaspoons mixed with a can of cat food will help hairballs.
- Use it to remove paint from your skin. Rub it on and let it soak a while then wash well with soap. The paint usually comes off without any skin damaging materials. And your skin will be all soft.
- Soften rough elbows.
- Rub small amount on your hair in the winter to prevent static.
- Mix it with butter and garlic for your garlic bread, very nice change.
- Rub it on my turkey instead of butter.
- Mix 50/50 with saved fat for homemade soap.
- Mix with wine vinegar, crushed garlic, and fresh grated Parmesean cheese for salad dressing.
- A sip of olive oil before you go to sleep stops snoring. It makes the throat slippery. Your spouse can sleep.
- A sip of olive oil will stop a tickle that is making you cough.
- Use it as bath oil. Two to three tablespoons will do the trick.
- For a hand scrub, rub in olive oil then scrub with sugar and wash.
- For a facial, wet face thoroughly, then massage olive oil into your skin. Use about a half teaspoon of sugar and scrub your face with that, then wipe off gently with a warm, wet cloth until the sugar is all gone.
- Mix 3 parts Olive Oil with 1 part white vinegar for wood floor polish. Apply and rub in well.
- To keep brass looking shinier longer, buff with olive oil after cleaning. Olive oil keeps it from tarnishing so fast.
- Use olive oil to treat lice on children.
- Olive oil works as a lubricant on the feet.
- To condition scalp on bald heads: rub with olive oil and then lay on a hot (not burning!), moist towel. When the towel cools, reheat in the microwave. Be careful not to get too hot. Continue doing this several times.
- Use it to toast French bread and then lightly spray it with an excellent olive oil instead of buttering it.
- Deep conditioning treatment for dry hair and scalp. Add to hair and scalp, leave on for 2 hours, rinse. Enjoy healthy looking, moisturized, and extremely shiny hair.
- Cure earaches and ear infections naturally.
- Use it to free stuck zippers.
- Use Olive Oil to tame door squeaking.
- Olive Oil can be used as a personal lubricant.
- Olive Oil contains 4 different antioxidants that can aid in neutralize free radicals that cause skin cancer. Baumann writes that in studies mice that drank extra virgin olive oil developed less skin cancer after exposure to UV light.
See all the amazing uses? Pick up some today!